Dry, brittle. Puffs up in humidity. Frizzes out if you brush it. If this is your hair, I have just the thing for you! This anti-frizz treatment will be your new favorite! Most hair treatments recipes are based on oil, but if you use too much, you end up looking like a grease ball for days. This mask is made with three ingredients that will leave your hair looking better than ever! All I ask is that you try it and let me know what you think!!
Yoghurt: full of protein, it offers nourishment that our hair needs to grow strong and healthy. It also has moisturising properties which make it a great natural conditioner. Are you trying to grow your hair? Yogurt has lactic acids, which is great for cleansing the scalp and clearing away dead skin cells to help your hair follicles grow!
Honey: honey is a humectant, it attracts and retains moisture in your hair and an emollient, helping to soften and smoothen. Full of vitamins, it’s also skin food for your scalp! Honey can lighten your hair over time, but if you only use this treatment once a week, you probably won’t see any changes.
Coconut Oil: you can’t do a good hair mask without a drop of coconut oil. It’s unique in that it can actually penetrate the hair shaft, moisturising from within. It’s incredibly nutrient rich and antibacterial – so you’ll be conditioning your scalp as well. It’s going to help the hair shaft to lay flat so that your hair looks smooth and shiny – but definitely not greasy. It’s a very rich oil, so a drop will do.
DIY Deep Conditioning Hair Mask
for dry, frizzy hair
ingredients (double up for long hair):
- 2 tablespoons natural yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 tsp coconut oil for thin hair, 1/2 tsp coconut oil for thicker hair (see how your hair soaks in the oil – mine can only take a drop!)
- if your coconut oil is hard, go ahead and melt it down
- combine all of the ingredients together
- work the mask onto your hair, from the scalp to the ends
- give your scalp a good massage – you want the mask to cover your scalp
- leave the mask on for 15 -20 minutes
- wash as normal, if you use conditioner, just a small amount on the ends will do.
- do this treatment once a week to restore and maintain your hair.