Have you ever noticed how pretty the inside of security envelopes are? They arrive tucked in, along with your bill every month and now I find myself looking forward to them!
Here’s a fun project that’s easy to do and that finds a good use for those extra envelopes that mostly end up getting trashed.
What you need:
– The unused security envelope
– A blade cutter, envelope opener or careful fingers
– Glue stick
1. Gently cut open the sides of the envelope trying to get a clean cut
2. Open it up! BTW – what you have now is an envelope template, which you can always trace on to any paper (magazines or newspaper) and make your own envelopes!
3. Following the fold lines, reconstruct the envelope, now with the pattern on the outside. Glue down the sides.
4. Draw a pretty picture, write a sweet note and send it off to a loved one!
I tucked the flap in on the inside and sealed with a clean finish!