Did you know that many lipsticks are made with petroleum byproducts (a byproduct of oil drilling linked to many health problems) The rest of the ingredient list reads like something that you’d find on a paint bucket – lead, coal tar, artificial colors and some other pretty undesirable stuff!
Lipstick is not just absorbed through the skin, but swallowed and ingested – a recent study showed that, over the course of a decade, women ingest 7 pounds of it!
Read the ingredients – if you don’t want it in your body, don’t put it on your body!
So for this Fall – let’s do a beautiful all-natural red lip! Here’s what you need:
- Lip moisturizer – A bright lip will highlight imperfections, so make sure to start with well moisturized and exfoliated lips! I like SPF 15 Sunbalm by Hurrah – it’s made with pure, nourishing oils and none of the icky stuff!
- Lip exfoliant – Make your own! Mix sugar and olive oil and gently exfoliate.
- Lip liner – Sante does a lip duo pencil – which we love for being a 2 in 1 product (less waste!) and it’s 100% all natural! One side of the pencil contours and the other adds shine. It’s made with organic sesame oil for light hydration. And since you’ll be eating it, you might like to know – it’s gluten free! Find it here.
- Lip color – I’m loving 100% Pure lipstick in Cabernet – something that I don’t mind ingesting a bit of! Find it here (read the yummy ingredient list)
- Concealer – For cleaning up the edges around the lip – I’m using my new 100% Pure foundation and a lip brush. Sante also does a concealer stick, which would work great too! It’s made with Find it here.
Head over to Keiko Lynn for the step by step tutorial!