Today I’m so excited to announce the launch of a brand-new online course called, “SIMPLIFY Skin: Natural, effortless whole food skincare”.
It’s something that I’ve been working on for a full year and it’s going to teach you how to create an effortless natural skincare routine AND turn it into a sustainable lifestyle. It’s different to anything I’ve ever done before and only available until November 7th, so check out the course details.
What’s so different about natural makeup?
A few weeks ago, I sent out an email about non-toxic makeup and skincare products, and it was one of the most popular articles that I’ve written!
It received hundreds of shares and comments, and I received a ton of emails from readers who wanted to get these products into their life.
What makes these skincare products so special? They’re made with real food.
You know, ingredients that you can understand and pronounce. Ingredients that your body can recognize and use. I call it “whole food skincare”.
Junk food skincare vs whole food skincare
I know that you’re interested in skincare that is actually good for you, that promotes health and self-care — not skincare that is full of toxic chemicals, focuses on your insecurities and relies on marketing claims to get your attention.
Check out this article from Time Magazine…
Only 18% of all claims made in commercials for cosmetics are generally trustworthy, according to new research released Monday.
Cosmetics firms often use advertising verbiage like “clinically proven” or “inspired by groundbreaking DNA research.” But researchers combed through these claims and found that the majority were vague and many are outright lies, according to a new study published in the Journal of Global Fashion Marketing.
This is what I call “junk food skincare”. Full of additives and chemicals that your body doesn’t need or want. And most of these chemicals are only there because they’re cheap and readily available.
It’s just not worth it for you!
Looking at skincare as Junk Food or Whole Food for my body is such a simple change in perspective, but it’s greatly simplified my life. When you begin to look for what your body needs to be at its best, you’ll find that simple solutions deliver beautiful results.
Too much of a good thing
When I first got started making my own skincare products, I was soooo excited. I picked up all the specialty ingredients I’d read about – oils, exotic herbs, anything I came across.
I remember once seeing powdered seaweed. I thought “How great, I can make a face mask, a bath soak, or… something?”
So I picked up three different types, got home, opened them and… yup, smells like seaweed.
I closed the packets and almost TWO years later, I discovered them in the back of a drawer. Opened but unused.
Does seaweed have a shelf-life? I had to throw them out.
Great skincare is right at hand
Now I have a very different approach to homemade skincare recipes. I believe it begins with what you have at hand.
What’s in your pantry, your fridge, now?
The same foods that nourish your body can nourish your skin.
If you drink herbal teas, eat oats in the morning, have greek yogurt in the fridge, enjoy fresh fruit or vegetables – then you have all the ingredients you need to make amazing natural skincare.
Skincare that works as well as — if not better than — all those imported ingredients or exotic products.
It’s not about needing MORE
We’re trying our best to live well, healthy, conscious lives. We have a vision for how we want to look and feel, but there’s this nagging thought: “Why can’t it be all be simpler?”
There’s always a new “superfood” that we need to try. A new recipe to add to the to-do list. A new warning about some chemical to watch out for. We don’t need MORE, we need to simplify!
I don’t know if you know this, but when I started Little Green Dot in 2011, I had already been trying to live more naturally (and getting it wrong) for FOUR years!
What was I doing all that time?
- bombarded with conflicting advice
- comparing myself to unrealistic ideals
- botching all the recipes
- spending too much money
- making all the mistakes
- feeling overwhelmed
And giving myself such a hard time.
Because it felt like no matter how hard I tried, I had nothing to really show for it.
Life has a way of saying, “slow down”
We all know lifestyle change is hard. Especially if you’re trying to do it all at once.
But it took a visit to the hospital to slow me down. And wake me up.
I had put much stress on my body that my immune system was totally compromised.
My skin became dull, dry and lifeless. My hair began falling out. I kept breaking out in cold sores.
And the slightest nick on my skin became infected.
I had to stop.
Small, simple steps
What’s funny is that the moment I slowed down and stopped trying so hard, things fell into place naturally.
I focussed on just the things I could affect directly: my home, my skin, and myself.
I started with simple routines, and slowly built them up.
And I learned that when you take the time to get to know yourself, how to care for yourself simply – your body and skin responds beautifully.
I’ve spent the years since in the best health of my life, and I’ve documented every change I’ve made, every recipe I’ve tried and all the amazing results I’ve seen.
You’ve already learned some of what I know through the website and my emails, but there’s so much more I want to tell.
And for the first time ever, I’m sharing it all.
Introducing “SIMPLIFY Skin”, a brand new online course
I held my first handmade skincare workshop in Singapore a few years back. Simultaneously the most exhilarating and terrifying event of my life, and it changed everything.
I realised that it wasn’t about teaching 21 different skincare recipes — it was about teaching a system of practical steps that you can apply immediately, with no specialized ingredients or specialized knowledge.
Less, but better.
Since then, I’ve taught hundreds of students though my in-person workshops. I’m happy to say that so many of them have become my close friends.
But here’s the thing. I’ve received MORE emails saying, “I wish I could attend one of your workshops” than I’ve had students.
- Emails from people with demanding work schedules.
- Emails from people with family commitments.
- Emails from people in other countries, all over the world.
So for the past year, I’ve been working on a way to bring my workshops to you, no matter where you are!
What’s inside SIMPLIFY Skin
Let me tell you about the all-new SIMPLIFY Skin course – it’s not like anything I’ve done before and I’m bursting for you to experience it!
SIMPLIFY Skin is an online course. It’s like taking my in-person workshops, but right in your own home, in your own time.
And it’s going to teach you in three weeks everything that I’ve mastered over the past eight years.
You’ll learn to:
- makeover the way that you care for your skin
- de-clutter your beauty products
- toss out the toxins and swap in the good stuff
- make tried and tested natural skincare products that are more effective than most of what you’ll find in stores
- and spend time getting to know what makes you feel and look your best
Simplify your skincare right from the comfort of home
We’ve built a special website that you can access any time.
Whether you’re at home in your pyjamas, getting busy in the kitchen, or even on your morning commute, everything you need is right at your fingertips.
A three-week, step-by-step system
This is a guided course that takes you step-by-step through the process of simplifying your skin over three activity-packed weeks.
Let’s take a peek inside the four main modules:
#1: Getting Started
Your first introduction to SIMPLIFY Skin. Set yourself up for success by learning:
- The five success strategies of SIMPLIFY Skin
- The natural ingredients your skin needs to thrive
- How plant oils work to protect your skin and how to choose the best for you
- The therapeutic effects of essential oils, when and when not to use them
- The materials and tools you’ll need for skincare success
#2: Your Pre-Cleanse
In this second module, we’re clearing your mind of insecurities and clearing your space to make room for more of what matters. You’ll be learning:
- How to choose your products well and buy with awareness and confidence
- How to reduce the toxins that you put onto your skin
- How to de-clutter your beauty products
- The dos and don’ts of SIMPLIFY Skin
#3: Whole Food Skincare
The third module takes what you have learned and puts it into practice. There’s a lot to learn here, including:
- How to know if your skin is on a junkfood diet
- How to treat skincare as self-care
- How to use the the Simplify 1-2-3 daily routine
- How to do more of what you love with the “Love the Skin You’re In” weekly planner
#4: Nourish Your Skin, Nourish Yourself
In this final module, we’re putting it all together. Turn your skincare routine into an unshakeable habit by learning:
- Your new 3-step self-care routine
- How to mix and match skincare ingredients to your skin’s needs
- How to create a personalised skincare routine in just 20 minutes a week
- How to track what you’re using so you can discover what your skin loves
I think you can see the way this approach builds up into a sustainable lifestyle.
Designing it this way was necessary.
I don’t want to bombard you with a bunch of random recipes and information. This is a tried and tested system — follow it and it will transform your skin and the way you feel from the inside out.
Learn and share with the SIMPLIFY Skin community
And there’s more than just the four modules:
- The SIMPLIFY Skin Private Community: I’ve been so privileged to share what I learn with a passionate community of global citizens. But why should I keep this to myself? For the first time ever, you’re invited to join an intimate private community of like-minded makers. Exchange ideas and recipes, share your successes and even meet up in person; I can’t wait for you to meet your fellow SIMPLIFY Skin classmates.
- SIMPLIFY Skin Master Sessions: For those of you who have already begun their natural skincare journey and want to learn more, I’ve recorded 3 in-depth interviews with my expert friends in the fields of nutrition, plant-based care and professional small batch skincare manufacture. A one-on-one consultation with any of these experts would set you back hundreds of dollars – but now you can meet them from the comfort of your own home.
Take your time, it’s yours for a lifetime
Look, I know that sometimes life gets in the way of your good intentions. That’s why SIMPLIFY Skin is designed for you to take at your own pace.
You have lifetime access, so if you’re planning a trip you can feel comfortable knowing you won’t fall behind and can pick up right where you left off.
Try SIMPLIFY Skin, totally risk-free
I’m so sure that you’ll love this course that I’m offering a 30-day money back guarantee to everyone who purchases this SIMPLIFY Skin. That’s longer than the duration of the course!
So at any point, if you’re not happy, ask me for a 100% refund and you’ll get it – no questions asked.
Don’t put off this opportunity
If you want to make changes with your skincare, there will never be a better time than now.
I’m opening up SIMPLIFY Skin to the public for the first time. I hope you’ll be among the the first students.
Here are some things you need to know:
- I’m opening up registration for SIMPLIFY Skin for one week only to take in the first batch of students.
- When the class fills up, I’m closing down registration — with no exceptions and no second chances. I want to give this class my full attention, which means no latecomers, sorry.
- I plan to offer this class in the future, but I don’t know when that will be. So if you are keen on creating a natural skincare routine that becomes a lifestyle, now’s the time.
- The price for this class is the lowest it will ever be – the next time I release this class, I plan on increasing the price :)
Okay, I hope you’re as excited as I am. Come join me in this new adventure: