Last year, I experienced a major burn-out.
My husband and I were working harder than ever trying to achieve our dream of moving to Bali – and there was this growing tension in my body, that made me feel confused, depressed and unsure.
Do you know that feeling?
My husband said to me, “Militza – go take a long weekend to yourself. Fly out to Thailand and take a break. Do yoga, go to the spa, breathe in fresh air and give yourself time.”
I said no.
We’re right in the middle of work! I hadn’t taken a “break” in two years. And I hadn’t travelled on my own, without my family – ever!!
But I knew he was right, so I planned a mini staycation and spent a weekend in a beautiful hotel, just 30 minutes away from home….
It turned out to be a glimpse of what I needed.
Part of me knew I was still home, attached to the stress that filled my body – but another part of me felt disconnected enough, that I could breathe and think again…
I came home on Sunday feeling different, reenergised and clear about what matters.
And as I sit now in Bali, in my dream home – I’m so freaking grateful to have given myself that time. Although it was only a short time, it filled me up just enough to overcome the challenges we were facing.
I’ll tell you what, next time I won’t say no to myself. In fact, I’ll plan for it and I’ll do it bigger!
Taking a break is an essential part of the journey. If you’re feeling at all overwhelmed, stuck or run down… I’m here to tell you to go take time for yourself.
And if there’s ever been a better time, it’s now!!
It’s happening in stunning Sri Lanka. Have you been there? Oh my word – get ready.
The all-in price includes:
- Beautiful beachfront villa accommodation at Talalla Retreat and Spa
- Air-conditioned airport transfers to/from Colombo airport
- All meals and 2 x non-alcoholic drinks daily during your stay
- Daily Jivamukti-based yoga and meditation practice led by Kristin Khor
- Surf lesson with Talalla Surf School
- Pilates, boxing, hiking, swimming, barre classes
- 60 minute full body massage
- Wellness coaching session
- Postural assessment and exercise discussion
- 1/2 day safari to Uda Walawe or Yala National Park
- An afternoon at the local markets in Galle to gather beautiful spices to bring home
- Sunset drinks at Cape Weligama for our final wrap up party
- A wellbeing plan emailed to you on your return to keep the goodness going!
And on top of that – you get 10% off – with the code LITTLEGREENDOT
Everything is taken care of and thought of for you.
All you need to do is show up for yourself. And no matter where you’re at right now – you will leave that week feeling strong and inspired.
I hope you can do this, if the timing works – take advantage of what they’ve created for you. It’s going to be a magical experience, just as life should be.
Want to know more? Click here, get all the details, and say yes!
Don’t forget to grab your 10% discount, just enter LITTLEGREENDOT at the checkout.
What ever you do, remember that your own selfcare is vital – for you, your family and your work. Invest time, energy and money into yourself – and it will come back to you ten-fold!
You’ve got this!
– photography from Touch the Toes