The ability to come home after a long day and make dinner – every night, every week – it’s no small thing! High-five to everyone making that effort to get healthy meals on the table!
Let’s talk about how to simplify dinner
Because what we don’t need, after a long day – is something laborious or complex, that involves every bowl and spoon in the kitchen. Save that for the weekends.
We need something tasty, quick, versatile, easy and completely satisfying.
That’s where this sauce comes in.
It makes baked chicken, fish and veggies – all sticky and delicious just like you see in a Jamie Oliver magazine. And you can’t believe how simple it is. Dinner is on your table in no time, with basically no effort. Let me show you what I mean.
Honey, Soy, Ginger, Garlic, Balsamic. In a jar, shake it up. You’re already half-way done.
Pour it over some chicken, kebabs, veggies or prawns… and this is the best part: leave it to marinate the fridge for up to 24 hours. So that when you come home, all you need to do is knock it in the oven – and what comes out is golden and flavorful…
TIP: Use an oven-proof container to marinate in, so that it goes straight from fridge to oven and cuts clean-up time!
If you’re having guest over for dinner, marinate a bigger batch and just before they arrive, put it in the oven and you’re done. Serve it with a big salad, some crusty bread, maybe a glass of wine – it couldn’t be easier.
I’m so excited by the potential of this sauce – that I created a Pinterest board for you – with different ideas for how to use it. I hope it simplifies your dinners and inspires something delicious and satisfying!
5 Ingredient Magic Everything Sauce
- 5 tbs honey (for sticky sweetness)
- 2 tbs soy sauce or Tamari (for saltiness)
- 2 tbs balsamic vinegar (for tartness)
- 1 thumb size nib of ginger, grated
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- optional: add Sriracha, chili flakes, sesame seeds or scallions….
- mix all the ingredients in a jar and shake well
- pour over your chicken, fish, prawns, kebabs, veggies…
- marinate for up to 24 hours
- cook in the oven, in an oven safe dish, a pan lined with parchment paper for easy clean up or wrapped in foil.
- time and temperature depend on what you’re making. The chicken in the photo took about 20 minutes in a 180 degree oven.