Looking for a healthy glow? It’s here in Bali!
This stunning island represents health, wellness and natural beauty. You see it the moment you arrive – the most beautiful people, gorgeous glowing skin, beach hair, bright eyes… even the tourist look amazing.
But don’t worry, if you can’t come to Bali – I’ll bring Bali to you!
That’s why I created this 5 Week Bali Beauty Routine – so that you can capture that Bali essence and bring it into your life at home. Follow us for the next 5 weeks, and get that Bali glow – no matter where you are.
So grab your sarong, and let’s get started!
What makes Bali so beautiful?
WEEK 1: Hydration
Water, coconut water, green juice, kombucha… everyone in Bali walks around with a drink in their hand. You wouldn’t leave the house without your stainless steel water bottle and it’s this routine of staying hydrated, that has such a noticeable effect on your body and sense of wellness.
Drinking water seems simple, but up to 75% of us are chronically dehydrated!
When your body is dehydrated, you feel it: low energy, roller-coaster emotions, lack-luster skin, bad digestion, poor focus. Simply drinking more water can completely change the way you feel and look.
Week one is all about hydration: fresh, cleansing hydration from the inside and out.
Hydrate from the inside
I love the simplicity of hydration – it’s easy, cheap and something you can do today. No one’s counting glasses in Bali, but we do drink a lot of water here – and I think it’s one of the reasons why people feel and look so amazing.
Water flushes the body, removes waste and aids in detoxification. It promotes better digestion, transports nutrients to all of your organs, it keeps you feeling alert, energetic and in a better state of mind.
Don’t feel that way right now? You will.
Here’s What you do:
- Pull out your water bottle. Make sure it’s filled up when you leave the house every morning, and empty when you get home. Fill it with water, flavored water, warm or cold herbal tea – whatever sounds healthy & delicious to you. Make a gulp-it-down, fruit infused water from my recipe video.
- Remember, a lot of our water comes from the food we eat too. This week, focus on thinking in terms of hydration – eat fresh, water rich fruits and veggies. Try this salad perfect for on the run meals.
- When you’re out – order water! Stay away from canned, sweetened drinks. It’s all about the water!
Tip: Plan it out. What do you need to do to make hydration happen this week? Do you need to buy a water bottle? Try one of these!
Hydrate from the outside
Even if you’re eating well, drinking liquids – your skin can still be dehydrated. I think a lot of the issues that people are seeing with their skin, is from dehydration. Tell me if you’ve felt this:
- After you wet your skin, it dries up very quickly
- Even though you have oily skin, your skin still feels dry
- Your skin feel tight, gets flaky
- Your skin doesn’t feel as springy as it should be
- Your skin appears dull, lack-luster
De-hydrated skin is not a skin type. It’s a condition that you can turn around simply by changing your beauty routine.
Here’s what you do:
- Seal in the hydration. After you take a shower, or wash your face – don’t let your skin fully dry… while it’s still damp, go ahead and pat on your moisturiser, or use a simple plant oil, like Argan oil or primrose oil, to to seal in the hydration. Make sure you’re not using harsh soaps or shampoos that run down onto your skin.
Get the 2016 Natural Beauty Shopping Guide to find natural products that won’t dehydrate your skin.
- Hydrate on the go. Throughout the day, keep your skin hydrated with a spritz of hydrating water on your skin. I have the best recipe for you to try, it’s our SIMPLIFY Hydrating Skin Spritzer. Make it at home, store it a bottle and carry it in your bag. Spritz and replenish your skin, you’ll stay naturally dewy and soft – and it’s that simple.
Tip: Buy your ingredients and start making. This is my favorite hydrosol, order it today.
Simplify Skin Hydrating Skin Spritzer
- 1/4 cup water or hydrosol
- 1/2 tsp plant oil (like argan oil or primrose oil)
- 1/2 tsp glycerine
- 5 drops geranium essential oil (optional)
- mix ingredients into a spray bottle
- carry the bottle out with you
- use it up within one week
- shake before you spray to distribute the oils
Putting it all together: Week 1
Bali Beauty Routine
- Hydrate from the inside. Drink plenty of water and replenishing liquids like green juice, herbals teas and eat water-rich foods. Carry your water bottle out with you everyday, and make sure it’s empty by the time you get home.
- Hydrate from the outside. Make sure to moisturise on damp skin and keep your skin hydrated throughout the day. Hydrate your skin with the SIMPLIFY Spritzer throughout the day for a dewy glow.Buy your hydrosols and get making!
Reach out! Let us know in the comments below: What’s your favorite way to stay hydrated?
Hit those share buttons below so that your friends and family can get their Bali Glow on too! I’ll see you for Week 2: Ceremony