I’ve been on a major salad kick recently – I’m even craving it in the mornings! Which is why I call this one my Breakfast Salad – It’s colourful and cheery, satisfying and nourishing… I love eating it out of my big wooden bowl and just – feasting. I always feel full, but still with tons of energy, and that’s a great way to feel after eating a big meal! Especially first thing in the morning with the whole day ahead of you…
The cherry tomato dressing is so rich in flavour and easy to make. You can even make a jar of it the day before and just keep it in the fridge. But, it will be cold – so really, I just make it fresh as I cook my eggs…
If you think salad for breakfast is a bit odd – give this one a go, it may just convert you!
- mix of greens: spinach, butter head lettuce, rocket
- fried egg cooked in a drop of coconut oil, well seasoned with salt and pepper. Or poached, or boiled..
cherry tomato dressing ingredients:
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (they’re sweeter than regular tomatoes, so we don’t need to add sugar to cut the tartness)
- 1/4 of a small onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 of a whole red bell pepper
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- optional: pinch herbs de provence (I’m obsessed with this blend)
cherry tomato dressing directions:
- in a blender, mix all of the ingredients, expect for the dried herbs
- blend until it becomes a sauce consistency
- add the herbs and give it one pulse to distribute – we don’t want them to grind down to much or it will be too strong in flavour
- toss your mixed greens in the dressing
- place them in a bowl and top with your egg
2 responses to “Breakfast Salad”
I just read the recipe for the Breakfast Salad and simply loved it but the problem is the same…who is going to find the time to make it in the morning when you have to leave for work really early? I will definitely try it on the weekend.
Keep up the good work!
Hi Shireen! Do try it over the weekend and let us know what you think!
I know the mornings are tough, I’m out the door at 7 myself, but I encourage you to get up a little earlier to make your breakfast, your green shake to stretch your body and feel calm before the day starts. My iPhone alarm reads: create your life. It reminds me why I’m getting up so dang early! 🙂