I hope you’ve been enjoying this series of lovely all-natural DIYs that Claire and I have put together! So far, we’ve done one for the Guys (Aftershave), one for the Girls (Lip Balm), and lastly, we’re doing one for your home (Room Spray!).
If I was to ask you what Christmas smelt like, what would you say? I’d say Christmas smells like pine needles, spiced cookies and wine, heaters warming up, candles… So even though I probably won’t have any need for any of those things here in Singapore, we still thought it would be nice to bring those beautiful Christmas smells into our homes.
So let’s make some Sweet Orange, Cinnamon, and Silver Fir Room Spray, shall we? It’s dead-simple! :)
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Small jug of water (enough to fill the spray bottle)
- Essential Oils (See Below)
As with the Aftershave and Lip Balm DIYs, we had a chat with Herbalist Alina from Abundant Earth to get the low down on the best essential oils to use when creating a festive Room Spray. Here’s what she came up with:
This will give us a sweet and spicy room fragrance, which is nice to spray at gatherings and feasts. Sweet orange creates a cheerful social ambience, while cinnamon stimulates digestion.
Fill your spray bottle with water from the jug (or straight from the tap). Add 60 drops of Orange Sweet Essential Oil, 10 drops of Cinnamon Bark Oil, and 20 drops of Silver Fir Oil. Put the cap on the bottle and gently shake to mix the oils in.
Spray away! It really couldn’t be simpler!
All that’s left to do is to make the bottle look pretty! Claire created some simple black and white labels for you to download and use to decorate your Room Spray Bottle. Head over to her blog and scroll down to the bottom to download your FREE printables!
Page one: Labels the right way around – Print on sticker paper.
Page two: Labels in reverse – Below you’ll see some cute little gift bags we created to package your Room Spray in, and for this you’ll need Iron-On transfer paper, and the reversed labels.
We decided to go with one of the long banner stickers for this lovely, but there are lots of different stickers, you can choose whichever one you like! :)
Here’s what you’ll need to create the same look:
– Finished Room Spray, sealed.
– Plain Muslin Bag
– A printed sheet of labels (the right way around) on sticker paper. Cut out the ones you want.
– A printed sheet of the reversed labels on Iron-on Transfer paper. Cut out ones you want to use according to packet instructions.
Peel the backing off the sticker and stick the end of the sticker (where it says ‘handmade especially for you’) onto the back of the bottle about 2cm from the bottom. Take the sticker underneath the bottle and back up the other side. Stick down well.
To make the little gift bag to package your Room Spray in, cut out the labels you want from the ones you printed on the Iron-On Transfer Paper. Iron them onto the muslin bag according to the packet instructions.
And you’re done! Package it up and give it as a hostess gift, or use it yourself! It’ll feel like Christmas in no time ;)
DIY Sweet Orange, Cinnamon and Silver Fir Room Spray
- Empty Spray Bottle
- Small jug of water enough to fill the spray bottle
- Essential oils (see below for details)
- 60 drops Orange Sweet essential oil
- 10 drops Cinnamon Bark essential oil
- 20 drops Silver Fir essential oil
- Fill your spray bottle with water from the jug (or straight from the tap).
- Add 60 drops of Orange Sweet Essential Oil, 10 drops of Cinnamon Bark Oil, and 20 drops of Silver Fir Oil.
- Put the cap on the bottle and gently shake to mix the oils in.
- Spray away! It really couldn’t be simpler!
As we’ve now come to the end of this series of All-Natural DIYs, I’d just like to say a huge thank you to Claire for teaming up with me on this! It was so much fun, and really great for me to try something new! Be sure you check out her blog, Fellow Fellow for loads more crafts and design inspiration!