This week was by far the most creative week I’ve had in a while. I’ve been feeling playful and fun – and I didn’t even realize I had been missing that. I don’t want to say these Lime + Strawberry Chocolate bath melts changed my life – but here are the facts: Monday, I made them. Tuesday I bathed in a carnival of scent and color. And Wednesday I went to Zumba for the first time. Zumba? Yes! Who knows what I’ll do next ?
I’ve been walking around extra bright – when you’re surrounded by food like this, how can you not? 🙂
Lime + Strawberry Chocolate bath melt
1/2 cup cacao butter, melted
2 tbsp natural plant oil
1/4 cup freeze-dried strawberries, powdered
20 drops lime essential oil, steam-distilled (non-phototoxic and kidsafe)
First you want to powder the freeze-dried strawberries. If you have a small bullet blender its best, for small jobs this this.
Once it’s powdered, pour the oil in and then blend again together – to make a strawberry infused oil.
There will be little seeds, if you want you can strain it out.
Now you mix the oil and melted butter together. Give it a good swirl and pour into your parchment-paper-lined, freezer container
TIP: To ensure these melts don’t prematurely melt, set them in a container that gives you a thicker bath melt, at least a 1 or 2 cm width (more would be better) Why? If the bath melts are super thin, they might not hold up as well…
That’s the base of the bath melt. And it smells so good. You can add toppings like dried lemon slices and dried herbs…
But first, let it slightly harden in the freezer, before adding your toppings.
Otherwise they will just sink to the bottom.
Once you add toppings – put it back into the freezer for an hour or more – so it’s fully solid.
Once it’s fully hardened, you can cut it into bath-sized pieces. Cut into squares – or shards… it looks beautiful either way!
Store them in a jar, and set it by your bath. The pieces won’t melt until it hits that warm water!
I hope they bring happiness to your day… your skin will definitely feel happy, super soft and glowing!
Pop one into a bath, any time you need a little fun treat.
Here’s the full recipe at a glance ???
- 1/2 cup melted cacao butter
- 2 tbsp plant oil, jojoba
- 1/4 cup freeze dried strawberry, powdered
- 20 drops steam-distilled lime essential oil
- Gently melt the cacao butter over a bain-marie.
To easily measure, melt it in a measuring cup…
- Blitz freeze-dried fruit into a powder
- Pour oil into the powdered fruit, and blend well. Add in the essential oils
- Combine the oil and butter
- Pour into a deep dish, lined with parchment paper
- Set in the freezer, just enough to harden the top
- Add toppings: dehydrated lemon slices, dried rose petals, a sprinkle of freeze-dried strawberry
- Place back into the freezer for at least one hour
- Cut the bar into pieces, and store them in a sealed container.
- Will last for 3 months, you don’t need to keep it in the fridge.
One response to “lime and strawberry chocolate bath melt”
Is this chocolate edible?