I have a simple idea for your next party or gathering….
Rather than buying bottled drinks, a big pitcher of flavored water can make such a lovely impact! There are no rules here, you can get creative with your blends – but I have a few of my favorite recipes below.
Top 5 Flavored Waters:
- Watermelon & Basil (if you have it, flowering basil looks beautiful. You can grow it!)
- Citrus Blend: Lemon, Lime, Orange (big round slices)
- Orange & Mint (squeeze orange quarters into your water, then toss the squeezed quarters to add color)
- Strawberry & Pineapple (cut in slices)
- Green Apple (so refreshing! Rub apple slices with a lemon first)
Before your guests arrive – mix together your blends and allow to sit in the refrigerator for at least and hour. When it’s time to serve, add your ice and display on the table. A great idea is to have one or two flavors and label them for guests to choose from.
By the way, kids also get a kick out of this!! Makes a great birthday or play group refreshment – add carbonated water and they think it’s a fizzy drink! Best kiddie flavor – muddled raspberries!