I’m planning a big office make-over, on a small budget! That means I’ll have to get creative and DIY it. But, that’s how I like it anyway! I thought I’d share my mood board with you, to let you see how I put ideas together and find inspiration and tutorials from around the web. Hope you find a little inspiration here too!
- DIY shelves. A few wooden boards from either wood pallets or the lumber shop, and brackets from Ikea will do it.
- DIY paint job. I’ll be doing this color block idea on my feature wall, where my desk will sit. Here’s the how-to that I’ll be following. (Singapore: you can get non-toxic, eco-friendly paint at the Home-Fix DIY store – Look for Nippon Paint Odour-less, Odour-less EasyWash and Medifresh. You can get it mixed in any color at their Great World City location.)
- DIY rug. I love these rugs but, don’t love the prices! I think I might be able to create the same look, doing either a stencil or over-dye effect. Only, I can’t decide which one I love more… here’s a tutorial on how to stencil, and another on how to over-dye.
- DIY cork board. This cork board is so sweet, and matches the style of the new greenhouse I bought from Ikea! I’ll make it by buying a sheet of cork board from the artshop, cutting it into that lovely house-shape, and then painting it with a fun pop of color around the sides…
- DIY art. I love inspirational quotes and written out on canvas like that, would make great art for the walls! I don’t have the best handwriting, but I have a friend who does – maybe I can get her to help… a good tip would be to do it first in pencil, then paint over it with a paintbrush. The quote I’m going with is:
“The secret to change is to focus all of your energy, not on fighting the old, but on building the new.”
So, that’s what I’ll be working on in the coming weeks. Once it comes together, I’ll show you a picture!