Christmas is in the air and everyone is in a festive mood. Brunches, lunches, dinner parties and you know what that means… you’ll have to make something! Whether you are a guest, or are feeling brave and hosting a party – you’ll need a few great recipes. Here’s what we’re looking for: something that is simple, and makes everyone say “wow” big a mouth-full. Something delectable, and made from beautiful, fresh and wholesome ingredients. To help you, I have found a few great recipes to add to your party foods repertoire: a small bite, an appetizer, a side dish, a salad and adult’s only drink – it is a party afterall!
- For a small bite, lay out slices of pears topped with goat’s cheese, pistachios and cranberries. It’s so festive, simple and if you are feeling inspired – follow my recipe to make your own goat’s cheese! If you are invited to someone’s home, bring a basket filled with pears, a tub of goat’s cheese and a little sachet filled with nuts and cranberries. Include the recipe and it doubles as a gift!
- A good appetizer is key. It should be a cinch to prepare, and keep well as it sits out. A dip is perfect. Try this Roasted Onion Dip. Beautiful, bright veggies make this platter a work of art.
- For a side Dish, serve Mashed Purple Sweet Potato. It’s beautiful color will bring a smile to everyone’s face.
- Here’s why this Roasted Sesame Winter Slaw is the perfect salad: it only gets better with dressing, where as lettuce salads can become soggy. You can make this in advance and it will be perfect to eat when ever. Totally fuss free!
- This is where you get crowned most inspirational person 2012. When you serve this Raw Cashew Dreamcake, your friends and family will never look at you or healthy eating the same again!
- Cheers! Here’s to good health, good friends and to creating a life you love living! Let’s celebrate in style, with a Bellini Bar! Set up a station with a variety of fresh fruit, juice and a bottle of champers. If the party is not at your home, show up with a bottle of freshly squeezed juice and a bottle of champagne! You’ll be the star of the party!