Of all the #RESETEATCLEAN recipes, I’m probably most excited to share this one. I know it’s only the second one of the series, and I know I said that about the first one… but wow!
This series is nutritionist designed, so that you have a few really simple recipes on hand that help you eat well and feel good.
When The Nutrition Clinic first handed me their recipe for “instant” pot noodles, I thought – oh, that’s a good idea – recreating a healthy version of fast food. And then I actually tried it… it tastes like something you slaved over!
The idea is simple: you fill the jar with your veggie noodles (more on that below), vegetables, herbs and cooked chicken. Then the flavours go in: ginger, garlic, coconut milk and Tamari sauce. Close the lid and it’s waiting for you in the fridge.
When you come home, tired and hungry – or when you’re at the office tempted by bad choices – pull out your jar and fill it with piping hot water. It warms everything up and creates this rich, delicious broth. You have to try it for yourself!
The noodles are actually ribbons of carrots and courgettes. How clever is that! I used a vegetable peeler, which I think worked really well.
You can do a bit of batch cooking with this – that’s where the you with time and energy, takes care of the future you who’s tired and hungry! Make a few pots of instant noodles ready to go for the week ahead. Store them in your fridge for and when you’re ready to eat, just add water.
Instant Pot Noodles
- 1 small handful coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 pinch chili flakes
- 1 small clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tsp freshly grated ginger
- 1 Tbsp Nama Shoya
- 1 finely sliced carrots (spiralized if you have one)
- 1/2 finely sliced courgette (spiralized if you have one)
- 1 portion of cooked chicken, finely sliced
- 2-3 mushrooms, sliced
- 2-3 Tbsp coconut milk
- Place all the ingredients into a mason jar and refrigerate.
- When ready or lunch or a quick dinner pour in 250ml boiling water
- Leave for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Mix well and squeeze some fresh lime to serve
I hope you enjoy this recipe and make it! I think you’ll love it as much I have!
It’s completely customisable, I think this recipe is a good start – but you can add in any veggies or flavourings that make you smile!