This weekend I’m going on a picnic with friends who have kids. So the big question with these things is always: what do you bring? Let me show a simple idea that has been a big hit with my family. So, sandwiches are a classic, right – but sometimes you want to make things a bit more fun…
These sandwich rolls are so easy and transforms from something traditional to something magical! Make it and watch them disappear!
You can do any sandwich this way – I’ve tried ham & cheese, peanut butter & jelly even just plain butter for my youngest and her weird cravings. And it’s not for kids only – you can do a plate of finger food with various flavors and it just makes for a fun small bite to eat!
- sliced wholemeal bread
- toppings: peanut butter, cream cheese, cheese, ham, salmon, shredded lettuce… what ever you like!
- cut the crust off a slice of bread
- roll it out with a rolling pin until it flattens and expands
- add your toppings then roll up to form a long roll (like sushi!)
- slice into circles
- If you have a lot of stuffing, put a toothpick through it to hold the shape.