This fizzy bath recipe is pure joy! It’s the perfect remedy to a busy, stressed-out day: you’re smiling as you make it and giggling when you use it! It’s completely all-natural, and if you don’t already have the ingredients in your kitchen – you’re going to want to pop into the supermarket, today! And parents, if you’re little one ever complains about not wanting to take a bath – whip this up! It’s some kind of magical thing that just makes everyone instantly happy! (don’t worry, clean up is easy. Had to be said!)
Though a fizzy bath powder may seem like just a bit of silly fun, these ingredients are seriously good for your skin and health!
- raw chocolate: Tops the charts in antioxidant levels – it’s even higher than blueberries! Raw chocolate help to protect your skin from free radicals which can cause the effects of early ageing.
- baking soda: Both antibacterial and antifungal, baking soda helps to keep your skin clean. A baking soda bath is a great remedy for acne and nail fungus or irritated itchy skin.
- epsom salts: Delivers minerals to your body, which directly affect your health and wellbeing. Epsom salt consists of magnesium sulphate, which can be absorbed by the skin, replenishing mineral deficiencies. It even helps our body to better absorb nutrients in the that food we eat. Epsom salts are used to relieve tired aching muscles and as a detox treatment to pull out toxins from the body, especially heavy metals.
- citric acid: this is what reacts with the baking soda, to create that fun fizzy action, but it also has great skin properties of it’s own. Citric acid is a natural fruit acid, which is high in Vitamin C – the beauty vitamin. It helps to build collagen and keep our skin bright and youthful.
- vanilla: A mood enhancer, the scent of vanilla evokes feeling of calm and happiness.
- sprinkles: ok, this part is just a bit of silly fun – which, is also very, very good for you!
Let’s see it in action!
Have fun making your own things. Take the time to disconnect. Use lovely, natural ingredients and be kind to our planet and to your body. Sure, you can buy something like this – but making it is half the fun! Enjoy!
Chocolate Cupcake Fizzy Bath Powder Recipe
- mix all the dry ingredients together
blend the oil and vanilla extract together
- pour the wet mixture over the dry and work together with your hands.
- get in the bath, and sprinkle the powder in!
Tip for parents: give your kids a tray with the chocolate bath powder on top. It feels like wet sand, let them shape and play with it and watch them erupt in laughter as it gets wet and starts to fizz up!
Singapore Shopping Guide
- Citric acid: find it in the baking section of Cold Storage or at Phoon Huat for much cheaper!
- Epsom salt: find it in your local pharmacy, like Guardian
- Virgin coconut oil: Where to buy coconut oil in Singapore
I hope you’re getting as excited about whole food skincare as I am. Just get started, and you could have your first natural skincare product in just 5 minutes!
And if you want more, join 17,000+ subscribers who receive a new recipe in their inbox every Tuesday by signing up for my newsletter below.