I love steaming my veg – it’s quick and it helps to retain the nutrients. Recently, I’ve been plucking a few twigs of my rosemary and tossing it in the water. It imparts such a lovely herb scent and flavour to the veg! Try this at home! I reckon any herb will work, especially when you’re getting to the end of a packet and not sure how to use it, or if you have a plant at home – it just takes a few snips. Easy!
What do you do with your steam water?
- Use it to water your plants
- Use it to cook rice or quinoa
- Use it to make a stock. If you’re not making a stock in the next few days, pour into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Use it to clean/flush the toilet. Allow to cool, remove the herbs, add a splash of vinegar and clean away!
- Use it as a steam facial. The herbs offer great benefits to the skin! After you remove the veg, put the pot on a safe counter, stand over it with a towel over your head and breathe in for 5 minutes. It will unclog pores and cleanse your skin!