We all know what it’s like when we’re busy and hungry – we tend to make bad choices! And then, we just end up feeling annoyed with ourselves! It’s crazy. We need a good plan. That’s why I put together this list of quick meals for on the go. This is for all of us who want a healthy meal on the ready, to help us keep up the energy and feeling good!
1. Frozen Soup – freeze a big batch of soup in muffin trays. Great for the office, pack a portion in a container – it will defrost throughout the day and just heat it up for a healthy lunch!
2. Quinoa Cold Salad – You could easily make a few jars of this. It keeps well in the fridge and you’re set for the next couple of days to grab-and-go!
3. Fruit on the bottom yogurt cups: This is my kid’s new favorite… and I’m not complaining!
4. Get set up – buy a bento box: If you don’t have a bento box yet – go get one! When you have the right equipment, it makes packing healthy lunches much easier! PS – here’s my recipe for a 10 minute Spanish Omelette
5. Celery and Peanut butter: then again, packing a snack can be this easy too! 🙂
6. Healthy travel tips: Traveling? Plan ahead and pack a supply of healthy treats, snacks and meals!
7. Wrap it up! Wraps make an easy and portable meal for on the go!
8. Salad in a jar! Not only is anything in a jar completely adorable, but it’s really practical too! Keep your wet and dry layers separate until you’re ready to toss it all in a bowl (or just eat straight from the jar!)
9. Chili and Cornbread: You prep ahead (the chili and cornbread dough) and then just bake the whole thing in a jar! I bet that you can freeze them unbaked… defrost it in the fridge over-night… pop it in the oven first thing in the morning – and win the prize for best lunch in the afternoon!
12. Plan ahead! When I get super organized – everything runs smoother. This idea for day-of-the-week snacks is great. Sure, your fridge may look like a crazy person’s – but you’ll be smiling! 🙂 But, do try to create no-waste packing solutions!
13. Keep it Light. Sometimes you just need a boost of energy – give this green juice a go!
14. A sweet treat! Not just for dessert – it’s for breakfast, lunch and everything in between!
Eat well and enjoy!